Friday, March 11, 2011

All things considered...


See these smiles and that happy face? Well, I know you can sense the struggles in my life right now, but the fact is I am still one lucky lady- all things considered. I am one who knows full well that even on my darkest days I still have so much to be thankful for and that my life holds many blessings. I'm not unaware of that.
Simply knowing that Jesus love has covered my sins and secured a place for me in Heaven is more than enough to satisfy my soul. But as a human and a stressed out one at times I lose sight of that. Hence the feeling of being overwhelmed and wishing things different for a long while now. But today. Today is another day. A new day. A day to see blessing. To feel grateful. To behold the blessings and gifts in my life- whether they are covered in sweet potatoes or dirt or markers. It's a day to thank God that things are as good as they are- when they could indeed be much worse. My heart goes out to so many friends and family I know who are battling life-threatening illnesses, mourning loved ones and lost dreams, and to those most recently touched by tragedy of nature in the tsunami/earthquake in Japan.
I have it pretty good and I must say that to focus on that makes a happy heart. Blessings to you wherever you are in this big world of ours. May your heart be secure about your eternity and be happy for today as a result.

6 comments:

Heather S said...

Love to you and yours! You bring joy into my life with your posts. Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

Awww, what beautiful photos!!
Such a sweet & honest post! I hope you know that I love reading your blog & think you are an inspirational lady! I totally see how it's so tough on some days to see our blessings, when we feel totally like giving up!
I hope you have a terrific weekend. I hope your spirtis are lifted up!!!
Love to all.

Anonymous said...

Im sure its hard to have a "bad" day with that beautiful little bundle of joy smiling at you! Blessings~ Tammy

BT Laurie said...

Thanks for the reminder! I needed the encouragment today.

LaVon Baker said...

And just for the record, sweetie, know that you have done your part in obedience to God's command of "Multiply and replenish the earth." Watch this and you'll see what I mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hgr2yF2qkc
Please watch this 7 minute video to be informed. Sobering information. Pray and take action about our responsibilities as Christians.

It is very sobering. I've said for a long,long time that if Christians aren't having children, guess who is and that isn't what is good for this nation or the world.

Kirsten said...

Jody he is so beautiful - all of your kids are - but I could eat him up with frosting! Ahhh for baby toes - my big boy wears a size 12 :) Your children will lift you up...it's okay to have a bad day sometimes, and if you need extra lifts, just ask!