Friday, October 02, 2009

Going bananas. =)

Every time I go to the grocery store I have bananas on my shopping list. We eat a lot of them around here. Crew loves them now that he can eat small bites with his own little hands. The rest of us like them sliced on top of peanut butter toast, or on ice cream drizzled with chocolate and caramel, or even blended with yogurt and orange juice for a healthy smoothie. We like them lots of ways.
I'm thinking the next time I buy a fresh bunch of bananas I will turn them into choco-banana-pops like the picture you see here. (Find the recipe here.) Yum!
I'm also in the mood for French Toast after I saw this recipe from Bobby Flay- Peanut Butter and Banana Stuffed French Toast. Definitely worth trying!
If you've got a favorite recipe using bananas or something handmade/cute with monkeys on it, let me know. I'm in the mood for fun and goodness! Thanks!

8 comments:

Tina said...

oh - those bananas looks so yummy Jody.
Thank you so much for visiting over at my place and for your lovely words about my banner.
Have a lovely day
~ Tina

Ellen said...

a food blog i read just had these adorable monkey cupcakes. . . here is the link: http://amberskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/09/monkey-cupcakes.html

Jody said...

Thanks, Mom of 3 princesses...those are crazy cute! And you're welcome, Tina. I'm inspired by your recent projects! Have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the banana/choco. popsicle idea. We too love bananas and I am always looking for something fun to do with our gang.
Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

We, too, make smoothies, but just with milk and a banana.

Sometimes, though, we freeze the banana before we blend it with the milk - makes it really creamy and yum!

Jane

kelli said...

I've never posted on your site before, Jody, but I blog-stalk you. I found you through Cara Harjes a few years ago.

Anyway, I couldn't resist sharing my "campfire banana boat recipe". It's easy and you could probably do it in the oven too.

Just take foil, spray it with a little Pam and then take a banana, slice it lenghwise down the middle fill the banana with marshmallow and either hersheys chocolate or my favorite, Reece's PB cups (chop them up into 1 inch pieces) then fold up the foil and put it in the fire, on the grill or in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. When you open the package you'll find an ooey, gooey treat! We LOVE them and have eaten waaay to many this summer.

Jody said...

Kelli- hello and THANKS for the recipe. It does sound scrumptious. I'll add it to my list of must-tries!

wife.mom.nurse said...

now I'm hungry!!!!

Those look yummy and the french toast sounds awesome!