Tuesday, March 17, 2009

If.

If we lived in a perfect world I would get to see Teagan blow out 12 candles on her birthday cake tomorrow. Instead, we will celebrate the memories we have of the 4 years we did get to spend with her in our lives.
I have to admit, that for whatever reason, the sting of marking yet another year without her hurts more deeply than I ever imagined it would- eight years later. A big part of me still recognizes how unfair and tragic it was that her life, and so much of our happiness because of who Teagan was, was cut short.
So here we go again...digging deep, looking to the hope of Heaven, and leaning on the strength and sovereignty of God to see us through the bittersweet days. I think my thoughts from her birthday 2 years ago sum it up well. I still think and feel every word I shared then- now.
I'm still glad she was and always will be one of the greatest joys I have in my life. I will never stop loving my little girl. I will never stop holding on to her memory. I will never stop looking forward to the day when we meet in Heaven. It will be perfect.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jods,

Just wanted to let you know I will be praying for a day of remembering all the good times and fun you had with T tomorrow - my heart aches for you as I can't imagine life without my dd.

Hugs and love being sent up your way friend!

Happy St. Patty's Day to you and your family today!!

Nina Diane said...

hold your family tight...prayers and blessings for you

Belinda said...

Hi, Jody:

I will be praying for you and your family tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

thinkin of you guys

corinne5 said...

Oh Jody I do not even want to think of the hurt of losing a child. I can imagine the hurt never really goes away, especially on these kind of days. Know that you and your family are in my thoughts now and tomorrow especially and I will light a candle for your sweet angel tonight. She will be around you all tomorrow putting good memories of her in your thoughts because that is the way she wants to be remembered, celebrate her life, even it was too short. Love you lots!

corinnexxx

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{great big hugs Jody}}}}}}}} You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow especially.

Michelle said...

Keeping you in my thoughts Jody... BIG HUGS!!!

xoxo

Laura said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Teagan! Hugs to you Jody!

Tabitha said...

Thinking of you and sending much love XXX

amy & lisa said...

Praying for you....and sending hugs.

Vicky said...

Saying prayers for a peaceful heart tomorrow and loving and fun memories of sweet Teagan. Thank you for sharing her with us and helping us know her just a bit more :) Blessings and love to you all.

Jennifer said...

I'm lifting each of you up in prayer tonight as you prepare for another day of rememberence for your sweet Teagan. Your blog is a blessing. Thank you for sharing her with all of us.

Mere said...

Praying for y'all. I bet Teagan is having a HUGE party in Heaven!

Love, Mere

Janet said...

Sending warm hugs and special blessings not only tomorrow as you remember T's birthday, but everyday - she will continue to live in your hearts until you meet again. xxx

Anonymous said...

you know I think of you and her EVERY day and the sense of missing you have in your heart.....but one day....you wait...it will alll be glorious!!!.....love you my funny friend
xxx

Caren said...

Hi - I've been reading your blog for a long time and am wishing your heart peace at this time.

The Hansen Family said...

praying for you today!

Chantelle said...

My heart hurts for you. Holding you up in prayer.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you and praying for you today, Jody. I know that hurt far too well.

Madeline said...

Big hugs and warm thoughts to you today, Jody. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Stephanie Baxter said...

Thinking of you and praying for you and all your family.

Lisa & Gerald said...

Thinking of you guys!

Anne said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. I really hope when you get to Heaven she is right there waiting for you with open arms. Oh gosh, I'm crying again just thinking about it.
Much love to you all! Stay strong!