Monday, June 25, 2007

Motorcycles and mini-golf





First, I have to share a picture of me and Chip that I like that was taken last week. I am proud of the way he has dropped some weight and how he has managed to get in better shape the past several months. It's never an easy thing to deal with weight issues- whether over or under or just wanting to get to or maintain a certain weight. It's easy to tell someone that you love them no matter what weight they are...but it is difficult to support all the changes and strength it takes to actually follow through with the real-life issues from day to day in regards to food/health. I am proud that Chip has pushed himself and I hope he knows I am proud of his efforts. I hope we both keep striving for ways to become better people- no matter what issue/struggle is at hand.
The other pictures are just a few fun ones...me on the Harley of Grand Haven's teaching pro, Scott. He had mentioned he had a bike and I mentioned I'd love a ride. It was fun- even if we rode only a few miles. I'd love a Harley- it's just not practical for toting 4 kids from place to place. =) Chip and I also managed to take all of our kids mini-golfing last week too. We lucked out and got $2.50 Tuesday tickets...the kids had a fun time, and Chip and I were glad we hadn't shelled out full-price! We would have gladly played 9 holes instead of 18...but I think the kids made some fun memories while we were there. Summer is in full swing around here. And I'm getting worn out already!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Trying to lose weight is never fun or easy but I commend Chip for doing it. That is awesome - good job too on your support. That is the key, I think.

Anonymous said...

Jody!!!!!!!! Our paths crossed on Sunday. My husband and I were at a graduation in Grand Rapids Saturday. On Sunday, we went to discover the awesome Meijer Gardens. OMG. We were in the childrens section seeking bottled water and you walked by! With Wyndam and.....(Ava?). I'm not sure. I wanted to say "hello" but I have been a "lurker" and did not want to invade your privacy. We LOVED the gardens. You were leaving the childrens area and we were seeking water inside. I struggled with saying "hi" but then I thought it was totally inappropirate to invade your privacy. We spent about 3 hours enjoying the sculptures and gardens. How lovely. I hope you had a good time too. Should I have said hello? Your lurking blog buddy whom you do not know......Jody !!!! (yah, another Jody)

Anonymous said...

Uh, misspelled. "Meijer Gardens"... lol. Sorry :)

Rays Family said...

way to go Chip, what a hottie!

... said...

Look at you on that Harley! Love all the pics :) And love that necklace :)

susan opel said...

Oh yeah. Jody is a hog rider. You look pretty cool on that Harley, girl!

Getting excited to see you at CHA next month!

Anonymous said...

Weight is a really tough issue, and if you don't deal with it, it is really hard to be in the other person's shoes and understand. Not as easy as it looks.

Jody said...

"Other Jody"...you should know me by now that I'm laid-back enough to approach in public! As long as I wasn't screaming at my kids at the time. =)
Sorry we didn't get to say hello...maybe we'll meet up in real life another time. We really enjoyed the Gardens. Pictures to come! =)