Friday, October 20, 2006

Think outside the bun.




Here is a larger version (uploaded out of order...sorry) of the layout that I chose and was posted on CK's website when they featured me as one of the top 10 SOY Finalists. I couldn't help myself. I've got this Maple Syrup body scrub that smells so yummy when I smother it on myself, that it got me thinking how good it must be to be a piece of French Toast.

I know. It's not a normal thought, but as one who was thinking as a new scrapper, it just seemed fitting. It was my way of poking fun at this hobby that was taking over my life- my thoughts, my free time late into the evenings, and even the smells that inspired me while I was in the shower. I just had fun with the colors and making a piece of paper French Toast. On this layout, I included a little holder for recipes of my favorite, 'Baked Caramel French Toast'. Here's a true story...

I was over at Two Peas Message Board yesterday, and someone had posted a thread asking for recipes for baked French Toast. What do you think I found as I scrolled down that thread? Yep. Someone who met me at Memory Trends, had gotten a copy of my recipe (I was giving them out along with my cards and/or golf tees), and had linked my blogpost from January, I think, in which I had posted my recipe here at Nitty.Gritty. I found that funny. So, just wanted everyone to know that I don't only scrap my kids or the serious stuff of life. It's all about having fun, making it meaningful, and memorable. And now passing on a very good recipe to scrappers on their message boards!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. How funny and very cool at the same time. :D

ellen said...

It sounds really good; I just found the recipe in your archives. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks!

Sarah said...

This is my very favorite french toast recipe. It is really easy to make, and a HUGE hit with everyone. Enjoy!

http://sarahsimplysez.blogspot.com/2006/10/in-recent-months-mike-and-i-have.html

Nancy said...

Thanks Jody, what a blessing you are to me each day! I really need to add you one day to the DAILY BLESSINGS on my log. Yesterdays post is still on my mind and I am proud to call you a blogging friend!
Blessings,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

When I saw your layout on CK, I just about died laughing. I thought, after months of reading your posts, it was only fitting for you to include a layout somehow dealing with food. I still find it quite hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Oops! That's me on the above anonymous post.

mary h.