Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Makin'...Easy Bakin'.





Some of you people make me laugh, in that you actually wonder where I'm at or what I'm doing if I don't blog for more than 36 hours. Flattering, really. =) I'm not really that exciting in person. Well, except for when I'm dancing and singing in the car at stoplights, or doing Scooby impersonations at reception dinners. Then I am mildly funny. Mostly to myself though.
I wasn't actually trying to snub anybody or get you worked up by making you miss your daily dose of Nitty.Gritty., but I'll admit it here. I am cheap when it comes to spending money needlessly. This is why I missed blogging for a day. I have dial-up internet (too cheap for wireless- even though my computer is equipped for it...I only get it when there's a free signal that I can pick up), and I couldn't get a connection for a day, thus, no Nitty.Gritty.
I was thinking though, that the day gets closer to marking one year of this blog, that maybe I could just do what NBC did a few years back and start 'rerun blogposts'. You remember?! NBC would have ads for upcoming reruns and they'd say, "If you haven't seen it, it's new to you!"
I was totally insulted by that whole gig. I mean, really, how lame is that! If you haven't seen it, it's new to you... I took it as, "We producers (and actors in some cases) are lazy and demand too much money, so the network is replaying stuff they've already aired to stretch out the season, to make more money off advertisers paying for airtime of shows that have already been seen, and you, the audience are so lucky- you get to waste time watching the same thing twice!"
Now you know why I don't work in television, despite my degree in media-communications. My tag-lines are too lengthy. =)
So, if I happen to miss a day or two in posting to my blog, feel free to click back in the archives and read or reread something from the past year. I personally like some of the stuff in Decemeber 2005, March 2006 and July 06 the best. But that's just my own opinion.
I have been thinking and wondering what I'm doing here somedays...and it's not like my hubby says, that I just want sympathy comments. I find myself asking what this is all about more often than not...is it for my family- so I should stick to stories and pictures of the kids? Is it about lessons I've learned and examples of how my faith has been tried and tested? Is it about scrapbooking and making stuff and having fun with color? I guess it's a little bit of everything, and I need to just keep doing this for me. For how I feel and what I want to share. I'm old enough and smart enough to know that I can't please everyone all the time. As long as I'm staying true to me (even if it is promoting magazine sales at times), than that's the bottom line.
Today, you get a mix of things. My thoughts, my dry sense of humor, and an explanation and thanks for some scrap products.
I scrapped a layout that I fell in love with at midnight last night. You see a glimpse of it in the photo with the word "EASY" on it. I did a layout about the Easy Bake oven...I played with some digital photo enhancing, and then the rest of the page just sort of fell in place. I love when that happens!
I think it has to do with the products most of all. I am bragging on all the great stuff I got from the reps of Fancy Pants Designs when I met them at Memory Trends two weeks ago. I got some of their great big chipboard scrolls, some smaller ones, some fantastic rub-ons, and really pretty patterned paper and matching tags. I think these products are all yet-to-be-released, so don't go rushing out to your scrap store just yet. But, look for them or check out their website here. Their papers are all double-sided and are so fun to scrap with. I must say, I love to see my pages when they are finished, and it eggs me on to want to make more. I don't think I'm the best scrapper in the world, but having pages with meaningful stories, memories, pictures or truths about me and life in general, well, it just makes me happy. Happy to create and to have a chance to share a piece of me in a really neat way. I know some of you don't scrap- and can never imagine scrapping in this lifetime. I say to you, keep watching, keep seeing all the great product, and I'll make a scrapper out of you yet!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about starting up a "Scrapping Ministry" at your church?? For instance having a Saturday each month where women in your area are invited to bring their scrapping and do it with other women?? Cool idea..and cool outreach doncha think??? Perhaps you Jody, are way too busy but this is something I'm throwing out there for others who may read your blog.

Anonymous said...

Yay!You're back!! And now all is right with my world again. ;)

somebody,somewhere said...

Jody, I check you daily for the fun, insight, scrapping, even the magazine sales! :) I'm not really into scrapping yet, but totatlly into digital photography, but stil pretty much a novice - what do you use to edit and play with your photos? Like the ones of yourself that you changed the background on - I really need to know! :)

Nancy said...

I really think at some point I will start scrapping and yes, it will be because of your inspiration. I often wonder, like you, what is this blogging all about and where is it headed, and am I just wasting time or is there a purpose to all of this. This is what I know for sure, you have been an inspiration to me, I am a better person because of you, and my hope is that my blog will at some point do the same for someone else. I also enjoy writing and look at my blog as a journal recording the blessings in my life... so it can't be a total waste of time (I'm still trying to convince myself)! Thanks for your inspiration and I do miss you on the days that you do not blog. Stop by for some "DAILY BLESSINGS" http://carson132.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

GUILTY!!! I check your blog constantly and worry about you when you take a couple of days off!! I know you are a busy mom - but I need my daily nitty.gritty!!! Just playing.....keep up the awesome work - wherever your blog may go....!

Anonymous said...

***gasp*** You mean your world DOESN'T revolve around providing us with nitty gritty blogging for our view pleasure?! LOL. ;P