Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Come on join the "SOY RIDE"...

Anybody out there (besides Chip and Rachael) remember the song "Joy Ride" by the group Roxette? I changes the lyrics to "SOY Ride" sometime last week, and have burst into song a few too many times for it to be funny for my hubby any longer. Maybe that's why he was so excited to take off for Ireland. A little too much "SOY" humor for him. =)
My theory is you gotta 'play' out the dream for it to become reality, so I look for ways to incorporate the word SOY {Scrapbooker of the Year} into my everyday living. Changing a few song lyrics is just part of the fun for me. I've also spelled out the word 'CK SOY' with my kids foam bathtub alphabet letters, and thought about buying SOY milk- you know, actually 'become SOY' from the inside out. I told you, this contest is practically consuming me- in a very good way. =)
So, for those of you who want an 'inside peek' into this scrap contest that I am so fortunate to be in the middle of, you can see the finalists essays and a layout at the Creating Keepsakes Magazine website. Click on this link. CK is featuring all 10 of us SOY finalists as we get closer to the actual announcement. That way you can pick your 'favorite' and see how we all stack up against each other. In a way, you are enjoying the 'SOY ride' right along with me...how much more fun can scrapping get! And just so you don't start asking me, I'll let you know that I don't know when my day will come...so just keep watching.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good call! How about burning some soy candles or coloring with soy crayons! Good Luck in Vegas, Jody!

Anonymous said...

Being a farmer's wife I was thinking about SOYbeans!!!

Nancy said...

You are a very talented lady and I look forward to seeing your page. The other 2 ladies so far, are great, but you are AWESOME! You are a winner already in my book even if you do not win.

Anonymous said...

You made me think of the new soy candle beads I bought recently, in different scents. They come with a recipe card. You select your recipe, (different scents) melt them together in a tart warmer, and voila! I bet you could make a chocolate cake with buttercream frosting, ala soy beads! Smells good enough to eat! HA!
http://www.beanpodcandle.com

Anonymous said...

Ok, here ya go: Chocolate Malt + whipped Cream = chocolate cake and buttercream icing! Or replace Chocolate Malt with Carrot Cake! mmmmmm!http://www.beanpodcandle.com/products.asp?id=4

Sorry to digress from your exciting SOY!

Anonymous said...

another (dairy) farmers wife . . .but i was sooo thinking it was soy milk you were referring to. should have known otherwise.

linda t said...

LOVE the song "Joy Ride"!
SO, thanks to you, that song will be in my head for days... so I may as well make it the SOY version!

" JOIN THE SOY RIDE!!! "

Cris said...

Good Luck in Vega Jody! We're all rootin' for ya! :)

Anonymous said...

SOY SOY SOY! I'm excited too!

Anonymous said...

Jody,
I was thinking of the little song we all learned in church as kids, "I've got the soy, soy, soy, soy down in my heart". ("Where?...Down in my heart to stay").

(CHUCKLE) :)

Good luck to you in Vegas !

Jackie Carl
Marion, IN

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! I remember that song! I won a prize off the radio by naming it when they played it backwards! =)

Good like on the SOY ride! ;)