Friday, August 04, 2006

Some enchanted evening...






This was my view and my company and my evening last night. Boating with some new friends, some terrific friends, my sweet hubby, and some rare breed dogs. A few hours without our kids, perfect temperature on Lake Michigan, and the sun and wind in our hair. Perfect. Just so you know, sometimes I find myself in just the right place at just the right time, and life is peaceful. That's how I would describe this boatride. Relaxing, enjoyable, fun.

I occasionally like to think about who I would like to trade my life with for a few hours, a couple of days, or even a week. Not yesterday. I was content to just be me. Hanging out on a boat. Thinking about how it would be tough to top the week I've had...you know. The one that started out with a phonecall saying I'm a finalist for Scrapbooker of the Year contest. Yeah. I've had a good week. Did I mention that the winner gets a contract with CK Magazine and $10,000?

Funny story here; I'll keep it short. My son, Brock says to me, "If you win the whole thing can I have $5000...half?" I said, "there's a little thing called taxes that you have to pay, even when you win money. So, it would only be about $6,000 in the end." He responds, "How about you just pay the $4,000 taxes out of your other money and still give me $5,000. That would be half."

I just had to smile. Hope you've had a good week too.

6 comments:

Cris said...

LOL. That is too funny what Brock said. Definitely seems like he'll turn out to be a great business man one day. He just needs to brush up on those negotiating skills a bit more. :P

It looks like you guys had a great evening. I'm glad that you got the time to relax. (without kids). Lord knows we need it from time to time. I hope you continue to have a great weekend as well. :)

Laura Williams said...

that sounds like a reasonable financial plan to ME!!!!! :) if only it were that easy, huh!!?? SO glad you have had a spectacular week!!! What a great start to the month!

Anonymous said...

OMG !!! That sounds soooo much like my son ! (He's 23 !) :-)

Jackie Carl
Marion,IN

Carrie said...

That's so awesome Jody!!! I like the idea of a Starbucks purse too. We don't get coupons very often, but I'll keep an eye out for fun bags. Is there a flavor in particular that you like?

Anonymous said...

Omgoodness - I remember seeing your story on Oprah. I was so moved by it as I have 3 girls. You are an amazing person of courage and strength. I have often thought of your story and give my girls extra loves realizing that life is so precious and short. Thank you for your willingness to share. I hope you win the contest! =)
Amber
Ft. Wayne, IN

Anonymous said...

The boat ride looks great - way cool!

Good luck on the CK contest!!